2. A course has 20 students, v 12 women and 8 men. How countless unique groups of 7 students the have four women and also three men deserve to be developed from this class?
3. I m sorry of the adhering to statements around non empty events is false?
a. An occasion and its enhance are constantly mutually exclusive.
You are watching: Which of the following does not define a "healthy body weight?"
b. Independent occasions may be support exclusive.
c. The probability the the union the two occasions is the amount of their individual probabilities minus the probability of their intersection.
d. The probability that the union of 2 mutually exclusive occasions is the amount of your individual probabilities.
4. Provided a collection of
a. X ̅ if the xi are from a subset the a population.
b. μ if the xi space from a population of size n.
c. A and b room both correct.
d. Not sufficient information to answer the question.
5. Offered a repertoire of
a. S = 5/30
b. S = √(5⁄29)
c. S = √5/30
d. S = 5/√29
6. A arbitrarily variable can take top top the values from zero to 4 with the following probabilities: P(0) = .1; P(1) =.1, P(2)= .2; P(3) = .3, P(4) = .3. What is the expected value of this random variable?
7. Thirty percent of all students want to be analytics majors. You randomly choose ten students. What is the probability that specifically three of them want to be analytics majors?
8. In a course of 52 students, 40 that them prefer Mewtwo come Mew. If you randomly select twenty students, what is the probability that specifically fifteen of them prefer Mewtwo to Mew?
9. Given a sample of size n, with n large, if it comes from a populace with median μ and also standard deviation σ, then the sample typical X̅
a. Roughly follows a t distribution with E(X ̅) = μ and also standard error = σ/n.
b. About follows a t distribution with E(X ̅) = μ and also standard error = σ/√n.
c. Around follows a normal circulation with E(X ̅) = μ and also standard error = σ/n.
d. Approximately follows a normal distribution with E(X ̅) = μ and standard error = σ/√n.
10. You desire to command a theory test around a populace mean. You select α, the level that significance, to
a. Resolve the probability of a form I error.
b. Solve the probability that a form II error.
c. Minimize the probability of a type II error.
d. Maximize the power of the test.
11. You own a restaurant chain where you suspect your supervisors are putting much less than 36 ounces in your “Signature 36-Ounce big Slurpy” sodas. Girlfriend randomly sample her restaurants to do a hypothesis test through H0: μ 36. With this check you desire to:
a. Stop a kind II error since you don’t want to anger your managers.
b. Protect against a type I error due to the fact that you don’t want to cheat her customers.
c. Prevent a form II error due to the fact that you don’t want to cheat your customers.
See more: No Two Electrons Can Have The Same Four Quantum Number Is Known As
d. Prevent a kind II error since you don’t want to rubbish money correcting a non-problem.
12. Provided an xi indigenous a population that complies with a normal circulation with μ = 3 and also σ2 = .25, the probability of finding | xi | > 4.163 is
13. A recent survey established that 40 students desired Mewtwo come Mew, if 12 wanted Mew come Mewtwo. A 90% to trust interval for the proportion of college student who favor Mewtwo is:
a. (.749, .789)
b. (.595, .804)
c. (.673, .865)
d. (.654, .883)
14. Provided a sample of dimension 16 indigenous a population, you discover x ̅ = 5 and also s2 = 25. A 90% trust interval for the populace mean μ is