couchsurfingcook.com got an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Grease Live! with tons of fun facts and photos before the show airs.
You are watching: Grease live behind the scenes
Related storyPaw Patrol Star Marsai Martin Is Ready for Her Next Chapter of Empowering Young Black Girls
1. The entire production will take place throughout the Warner Bros. lot.
2. The live show will go on throughout multiple stages. The production has a plethora of golf carts that will transport actors from scene to scene in short amounts of time due to the live aspect of the production.
3. There will be 360 camera shots.
4. There will be upwards of 650 live audience members throughout the show.
More: Live version of Grease coming to Fox
5. The audience will be a part of the show and dressed appropriately.
6. It will meld the stage production with the movie.
7. They will be adding a musical number “Freddie My Love” from the original Broadway show, which will be sung by KeKe Palmer.
8. KeKe Palmer’s “Freddie My Love” number will turn into a fantasy scene at a USO club, complete with a magical costume change that happens without any camera tricks.
9. Boyz II Men will be our “Beauty School Dropout” teen angels.
10. The gym is one of the largest set pieces and is constructed to make you feel like you’ve flashed back to high school.
11. The dance set floors, especially the gym, are coated with a sticky tack so the cast doesn’t have to worry about slipping during the numbers.
21. Rehearsals with the cast began in November.
22. The rehearsals moved to the Warner Bros. lot with the cast on Jan. 4, 2016.
23. There’s about 20 cameras.
24. The cameras will also have their own choreography with the dancers.
More: Peter Pan Live: 7 Things people hated and 9 things they loved
25. The cameras will be weaving throughout the dancers.
26. Grease Live! will be a three-hour broadcast.
27. There are 12 acts throughout the entire show.
28. The music is playback, but all of the music is sung live. There will be no lip-syncing.
29. The outside set is covered just in case because the show goes on rain or shine.
38. There is a good chance someone in the cast at some point will break character and start laughing.
39. Grease Live! will take a feminist take by making it less about Sandy changing for Danny and more about her searching for herself in an honest way. It will be more coming of age through the love story.
40. The “Greased Lightning” number will be cleverly swapping out some of the less-than-flattering phrases by replacing them with words like “dragon wagon” and “the chicks will scream.” If you don’t remember the original verbiage, feel free to look it up, but be warned it isn’t kid-friendly.
41. It will definitely be a family-friendly show.
See more: Hamilton Mixtape Volume 2 : Hamiltonmusical, The Hamilton Mixtape
42. But just because they’re making it more family-friendly, doesn’t mean Grease will be losing its edge.