1. Inspired by the trfinish of '90s slasher movies starring young and also attrenergetic casts, Shawn Wayans came up via the initial idea and the manuscript was picked up by Dimensions, a studio that created a majority of the films being parodied, before it was even finished.
2. The hardest function to actors was Cindy Campbell, which saw a then-unwell-known actress called Anna Faris.
You are watching: Carmen electra scary movie 4
"The biggest surpincrease was Anna," director Keenen Ivory Wayans told Entertainment Weekly. "And it wasn't really a surpincrease, it was a gift. I had actually watched everybody, and also I maintained saying no to the allude that the casting civilization were gaining pissed. But I was in search of someone specific."
3. Prior to landing Scary Movie, Faris didn't have head shots or an agent. "I had actually no principle what to say once he called 'Action,'" she told EW. "I turned to
4. Alicia Silverstone apparently turned down the role of Cindy.
5. While Jachild Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are credited as 2 of the 6 authors on the film though they had no component in the final manuscript because of a WGA decision after the pair had actually marketed a spec script to Dimensions called Scream If You Know What I Did Last Halloween in 1998.
6. Friedberg and also Seltzer would go on to pen Date Movie, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie and various other assorted spoof films, making use of "two of the six authors of Scary Movie" in promotional pieces for their movies.
7. While Carmen Electra's parody of Drew Barrymore's iconic at an early stage death in Scream was among the film's most-talked around moments, the studio "didn't want to cast" the Baywatch star.
"They didn't think she can do it. They believed she was cheesy, bereason – and also this is no disrespect to Carmen – she was among the first celebrities to be well-known even more for who they were than for what they'd done, you know?" Keenen Ivory Wayans told EW. "But what they didn't like around Carguys was what made her perfect, and also that's what I preserved trying to define."
8. Electra had actually actually auditioned for two various other duties, including Buffy (which visited American Pie's Shannen Elizabeth) prior to later gaining the speak to to play Drew Decker.
9. "I remember they cut my hair shorter to look even more favor Drew Barrymore's character," Electra redubbed in an intercheck out with EW, including they filmed the opening scene in one night.
10. Jenny McCarthy was supposedly offered the function of Drew Decker, but turned it dvery own. She went on to star in Scary Movie 3.
11. The original functioning title for the script was Scary Movie was Last Summer I Screamed Due to the fact that Friday the 13th Fell on Halloween. It was shortened to Scary Movie, which was the working title for Kevin Williamson's Scream.
12. The director motivated all of the actors to improvise, via Shannen Elizabeth informing EW, "Keenen sassist, 'I desire to shoot what's on the page, and then I'm going to let you men carry out anything you desire. At the end of the day, I'm going to use whatever's the funniest and also the best, and also I, as the director, will certainly acquire credit for it.'"
13. James Van Der Beek renders a brief cameo in the film as his Dawson' Creek character. "Hey, wrong set," he says while popping up in Cindy's home window as "I Don't Wanna Wait" plays.
14. The original script allegedly featured a cameo by Jamie Lee Curtis reprising her iconic Halloween duty.
15. The producers initially wanted Aaliyah to play Brenda, the function that inevitably checked out Regina Hall. But she turned it down out of respect for Brandy.
"They wanted me to play Brandy, and also kind of execute a parody of her," the late singer defined in an MTV2 intersee. "I actually preferred the script, I thought it was really funny, however I didn't want anybody to take it choose I was disrespecting her in anymeans. So, I actually didn't perform it and it turned out to be a really funny movie."
16. Regina Hall auditioned four times for the role of Brenda, and also told Rapid Company, "A producer told me not to do Scary Movie. I suppose I get it currently, yet I was choose, 'No! Of course I'm doing Scary Movie!'...That would've been negative if I said no!"
See more: 30-30 Load Data For Cast Bullets And The, Cast Bullets And The
Jared Leto supposedly turned dvery own the role of Bobby in order to star in Requiem for a Dream.
18. Director Keenen Ivory Wayans provides a cameo in the movie in the fake Amistad 2 trailer.
19. "No Shame. No Mercy. No sequel." Of course, given the movie's success, 4 sequels followed. The tagline for Scary Movie 2? "We lied."
20. While they penned the sequel, the Wayans brothers left the Scary Movie franchise.
"What my brothers and also I did was take a $19 million movie and also we made it right into a half-a-billion-dollar franchise," Marlon Wayans described to the Chicago Tribune. "We obtained rushed to perform a sequel. It still perdeveloped, yet not the way we wanted it to. It wasn't as excellent as the first one. It was all right...And then we read in the trades sooner or later they were doing Scary Movie 3 with somebody else. We were favor, 'Wow, that's interesting.' They took a franchise we did and also that bombed."
About UsFollow UsContact UsFAQCareersClosed CaptioningWatch Full EpisodesAdvertiseAd ChoicesSitemapE! Internationwide TV ChannelsCustomer SupportPeople's ChoicePeople's Choice FAQBecome an E! Influencer
Your source for entertainment news, celebrities, celeb news, and celebrity gossip. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and also TV shows!