Kindly examine the attached picture for the step by step explanation that the answer come the question
The Leaning Tower the Pisa is in the city the Pisa, in Tuscany, a an ar in west-central Italy. More specifically, the tower is on the grounds the the city"s cathedral complex, i beg your pardon is known as the Campo dei Miracoli or Piazza dei Miracoli, the “Square that Miracles.”
2. Respectable 9, 1173
While there has been much dispute over the real identity of the architect who constructed the tower, it is Giovanni di Simone whose name is majorly attributed for creating this human marvel! The construction started with full force on nine August 1173 and also continued until 1178.
You are watching: A husband and wife mike and lori share a digital music player
By the moment it to be completed in 1360, modern-day designers say it was a miracle it didn"t fall down completely. Though the cathedral itself and the adjoining baptistery additionally leaned slightly, it to be the Torre Pendente di Pisa, or Leaning Tower that Pisa, that became the city"s most famed tourist attraction
4. The became apparent that the Leaning Tower that Pisa to be leaning in the so late 1170s, after perfect of the an initial three of the tower"s plan eight stories. The leaning was caused by the uneven stable of the building"s foundations in the soft ground.
5. Cables were set up to aid prevent leaning. 50 cubic yards of floor were gotten rid of from the high side of the tower (1990). (Engineers stated it would be stable for 300 years) much more dirt (77 lots of soil) were gotten rid of (2008) come stabilize the movement.
6. April 10, 1912, 12 p.m. - The RMS Titanic set sail native Southampton, England, top top its maiden voyage, with roughly 2,220 passengers and also crew. April 10, 1912, 6:30 p.m. - arrival in Cherbourg, France. April 10, 1912, 8:10 p.m. - leaves Cherbourg. April 11, 1912, 11:30 a.m. - arrival in Queenstown, Ireland.
7. Why did the Titanic sink? The immediate cause of RMS Titanic"s demise was a collision through an iceberg that led to the s liner come sink ~ above April 14–15, 1912. When the ship could reportedly continue to be afloat if as plenty of as 4 of its 16 compartments were breached, the influence had affected at least 5 compartments.
8. 1,500 people
9. April 14, 1912
10. After ~ the Titanic, ships started being redesigned for much better safety. The ship"s bulkheads to be made greater so water might not acquire in and bottoms were extended to create dual hulls. These transforms all contributed to better, safer, and much more reliable sea travel.
The Tacoma Narrows leg was constructed in Washington throughout the 1930s and also opened to traffic on July 1, 1940. It spanned the Puget Sound from Gig Harbor come Tacoma, which is 40 miles southern of Seattle
12. Slender, elegant and also graceful, the Tacoma Narrows leg stretched like a steel ribbon throughout Puget Sound in 1940. The third longest suspension expectations in the people opened on July 1st.
13. The an initial Tacoma Narrows Bridge opened up to traffic on July 1, 1940. Its main span broke down into the Tacoma Narrows four months after that November 7, 1940, in ~ 11:00 a.m. (Pacific time) as a result of aeroelastic flutter caused by a 42 mph (68 km/h) wind. The leg collapse had actually lasting effects on science and engineering.
14. The Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsed primarily due to the aeroelastic flutter. In simple bridge design, the wind is enabled to pass v the structure by incorporating trusses. In contrast, in the situation of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, the was required to move above and below the structure, top to flow separation.
15. "Blind Spot"-- design Lessons the Gertie"s Failure. At the moment the 1940 Narrows bridge failed, the small community that suspension leg engineers thought that lighter and also narrower bridges were theoretically and functionally sound.
Here friend go
Answer and also Explanation:
The computation is shown below:
1. Because that activity-based overhead rates
a b (a ÷b)
Particulars Overhead Total activities Overhead Rates
and travel 85000 1250 $68
(700 + 500)
Setup time 90000 600 $150
(350 + 250)
Supervision 60000 400000 $0.15
($100,000 + $300,000)
b. Because that overhead cost assigned
Particulars advertisement Residential
Scheduling and also Travel 51000 34000
($68 × 750) ($68 × 750)
Setup time 52500 37500
($150 × 350) ($150 × 250)
Supervision 15000 45000
($100,000 × 0.15) ($300,000 × 0.15)
Total cost Assigned 118500 116500
3. Because that operating revenue
Particulars advertisement Residential
Revenue 300000 480000
Less DM 30000 50000
Less DL 100000 300000
Less Overhead price 118500 116500
Operating revenue 51500 13500
We simply used the over format
Answer and Explanation:
The explanation is shown below:-
First we need to discover out the task based overhead rates
Activity estimated overhead communication Quantity activity based
price overhead rates
and Scheduling $85,000 hours of 1,250 $68
take trip (700 + 500)
Set increase time $90,000 variety of 600 $150
setups (350 + 250)
Supervision $60,000 straight labor $400,000 15%
price ($100,000 + $300,000)
Now we need to discover out the overhead cost assigned to commercial i beg your pardon is displayed below:-
Activity task based actual allocation of Overhead
overhead rates price drivers assigned
Scheduling $68 750 $51,000
Set increase time $150 350 $52,500
Supervision 15% $100,000 $15,000
For computing the overhead assigned we just multiply the task based overhead price with really allocation of expense drivers.
See more: Warning: Unknown: Failed To Open Stream: No Such File Or Directory In Unknown On Line 0
after this we need to uncover out the overhead cost assigned come residential which is displayed below:-
Activity activity based really allocation of Overhead
overhead rates price drivers
Scheduling $68 500 $34,000
Set increase time $150 250 $37,500
Supervision 15% $300,000 $45,000
For computing the overhead we merely multiply the activity based overhead price with really allocation of cost drivers.
Finally we need to uncover out the operating earnings or loss for the commercial and also residual i beg your pardon is shown below:-
Particulars commercial Residential
Sales revenue $300,000 $480,000
Less: direct material cost $30,000 $50,000
Less: straight labor price $100,000 $300,000
Less: Overhead prices
assigned $118,500 $116,500
Operating income (loss) $51,500 $15,500
The Peggy Kingman should develop the price to it is in assigned based on the product lines for overhead expense as the Peggy Kingman is more focused come the overhead expense which were based on the task cost drivers. Moreover, it mirrors a profit earned top top residential product line